DIY Vitamin Rich Smoothie Bowl for Hair Growth
They say you are what you eat. This is especially true for your hair, skin and nails. While genetics do play a key part in the look and feel of your hair, externalities such as a poor diet, stress and pollution can strip away your hair's natural shine and result in hair fall. A recent study shows that a substantial percentage of hair fall is the result of vitamin deficiencies. Vitamin D, B-12 and B-7 (Biotin) are essential for hair growth. Additionally, iron deficiency or anemia can also lead to hair fall. So, my dear ladies, pack on your nutrients to maintain that lustrous mane.
In order to make that a little easier, this week we have for you a nutrition packed smoothie bowl recipe that is rich in all the vital vitamins and minerals essential for hair growth. The best part? It is absolutely scrumptious! ♡
- 2 Tablespoons Of Raw Almond Butter (You Can Simply Grind Some Raw Almonds if Unavailable)
- A Handful of Berries (Strawberries & Raspberries are Especially Good)
- 1/2 of a Ripe Avocado
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey (Preferably Organic)
- Almond Milk to Bind Everything (You Can Also Use Regular Milk)
- Toasted Almonds, Chia and Pumpkin Seeds For Some Extra Crunch
Almonds are rich in biotin - A B-complex vitamin that promotes hair growth and repairs dry & damaged scalp.
Berries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E - essential for maintaining a healthy mane. Antioxidants are incredibly powerful at combatting free-radicals that could cause hair damage. They also promote oxygenation and blood circulation, which in turn, maintains scalp health.